why does everyone make a huge deal out of people going braless?

I honestly see no problem when people with breasts do not wear a bra. People make a fuss when I, a teenage girl, don’t wear a bra, and regular body parts like my nipples make a sort of indent or whatever (im not talkin see thru shirts lol). Isn’t adults commenting on it sexualizing minors? and just in general why do people think its a big deal??

societal norms, mostly. women wearing bras has just become a normal thing, and when you don't do it and it's obvious then people feel the need to stare or make a comment. and yes, an adult commenting on a teenager going braless is definitely sexualizing a minor and completely disgusting and uncalled for. it really shouldn't be a big deal -- it's just made into one because wearing bras is what's been normalized for women for years and years. and, also for years and years, people have always felt entitled to make comments based on what a woman looks like... so things really aren't all that different today, even though we as a society are very slowly becoming more accepting

• Zirp

Not everybody does. Some people claim it can cause back-problems

• Frank

I like nipples. Some females breasts are NOT small and they DROOP...and they need bras to make them presentable. Otherwise they look terrible.

• Dick

Isn't this an issue that was resolved generations ago? My current lady friend is successful, has a masters from an Ivy league school, and is known world wide. She is 76, she's fairly well endowed, and has NEVER worn a bra!

• I don't care personally if you go bra or bra-less. But to answer your question, I think it has to do with a woman's breast being sexualized. I don't know why they are sexualized and I find it weird. But its not a big deal to go braless.

People will always remark on the unusual. And some particularly prudish people will take offense to people acting out of the ordinary.

But there's nothing inherently wrong about it. Female nipples are no weirder than male ones.