Why does NFL only play 16 games a year but MLB does 162 games a year??
Shouldn’t NFL have more games or something???
- Anonymous12 months agoFavourite answer
Because the idiots in the NFL spend so much time kneeling.
- ndmagicmanLv 712 months ago
Probably hard to explain to someone whose idea of physical activity is opening the refrigerator door
- D.E.B.S.Lv 712 months ago
1. MLB is barely a sport. They are the bottom of the bottom as far as athletic ability. they are able to play 6 days a week and still have time to travel and party. Pitchers play on rotation. The rest of the team just stands around for most of the game. A player is considered very successful if they can hit a ball 30% of the time. Each game means almost nothing b/c of how many they play.
2. NFL players have a lot more injuries and wear and tear on their bodies. They need time to recover thus only one game a week. The player union is strong and has been able to keep the number of games from expanding. Owners want to protect their players from injury since they've spent so much money on them. If this was really about competition and not money, they would add more games to have a balanced scheduled. Even a couple games with more bye weeks would be good. Neither the players nor the owners wants this. Both want to collect their paychecks in the shortest work time possible.