Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 5 months ago

Washing mashing not filling up with water (part 2)?

Yes, everything is hooked, the rest of the house has water.

Yet my washing mashing has not a drop in it after incompetent plumber played with my water heater couple days ago.

It seems to be “working” but not water.

I feel like something is turned off.

I checked the valves- they are on, hoses hooked up...what else can it be?

• In

Turn off the cold water behind the machine, disconnect the hose from the machine, stick the end in a bucket and turn the water back on. If you have water flow and the water temperature setting on the machine is correct then the problem is with the solenoid on the internal water valve and you can stop cussing the plumber.

• nobody5 months agoReport

Lol ok) either way, he brought bad energy into my house

Unhook your water lines and make sure you have water coming out before you try anything else. I've never seen washer not fill with water, I've seen them not drain. If you don't have water where you hook up your hose then your plumber screwed up

Look for the simple solution first. Often times an old valve that hasn't been operated in a long time will break internally when exercised. It may break either open or closed. In this case I suspect it closed and stayed that way even though it shows open.

He may have the water hoses hooked up wrong. For example, if you are washing a load of clothes in cold water and the cold was hooked up to hot and vice versa no water would fill tub.

An internal problem like a solenoid valve - possibly just unplugged. A kinked interior hose. My washer does that too, but only the cold water. It's a huge pain in the a...s....s to get it out of there so I haven't gotten inside to check. The hot water still works so I wash with hot and when it comes time to rinse, I stick a hose in there until it fills up and then set it to the spin cycle.

An internal problem like a solenoid valve - possibly just unplugged. A kinked interior hose. My washer does that too, but only the cold water. It's a huge pain in the *** to get it out of there so I haven't gotten inside to check. The hot water still works so I wash with hot and when it comes time to rinse, I stick a hose in there until it fills up and then set it to the spin cycle.