Police required to notify owner if someone dies on his rental property?

I own a rental unit in California. My tenants want to be released from the release agreement claiming that thier infant son died in the unit and they cannot bear the grief of living there any more. It seems like if this were true, the police should have been involved to call the coroner (etc.) and it seems like... show more I own a rental unit in California. My tenants want to be released from the release agreement claiming that thier infant son died in the unit and they cannot bear the grief of living there any more. It seems like if this were true, the police should have been involved to call the coroner (etc.) and it seems like they should have gotten in contact with me (the property owner). Is this ture? I have scoured the internet looking for something to verify the death of this infant (obituaries) and found nothing. Would the police have a record of this death and how can I get it?