Megan asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

What if I don’t want the ability to give birth?

I feel like my ability to give birth only proves mens’ points that women are only baby machines

I hate it so much, any other women feel this way

• falcon

You will do the planet good we are way over populated we need women like you in our society

• Edna

Just because you have the ability to give birth doesn't mean that you ever have to do it. If it weren't for women's ability to give birth, then the human race would become extinct.

• Marvin

Just get your tubes tied. I had a vasectomy at 21 myself. I am very happy with my choice. So is my wife.

It is a win-win situation. : )

If you don't want the ability to give birth, then you can get your tubes tied.

And no, I don't feel this way, my husband and I are childless by choice, but I can honestly say that I personally don't know any men who view women as just baby machines, nor do I know any women who view men as just sperm donors.

Are there men and women who are that misogynistic and misandrous? Yes, and it's sad and upsetting, but so is judging all men and women based on that.

What is interesting here as well, is that you seem to definite your ability to give birth, and since you hate it so much; your self worth, based on a misogynist view point. Why are you doing this? Why are you giving them that much power over you?

• Bill

You're not actually proving anything to men by not having children. If a man thinks you're only a baby machine then failing to produce children just makes them think you're worthless instead.

Hate is not justified.

If you believe that your nature justifies being hated, it means you’ve swallowed a whole lot of toxic brainwashing.

Guess what? You don't have to use it. You don't have to have sex. You can use birth control. And if birth control fails, you can get an abortion.

Get your tubes tied or burned and you never have to worry about that

• Megan5 months agoReport

You realize that is literally almost impossible for a 23 year old right? Because doctors think I’ll “change my mind”

Hon, since no one would be interested in you - at all. You don't have the ability to give birth.

Birth control has been readily available to American women since 1969. There's no such thing as "proving men's point" when it comes to being a woman. Men don't define us. They might try, but they don't define women. Have a kid, don't have a kid, it's YOUR business.