Where is the sensor or fuse to the dinging sound when ur car door is open while driving my truck is a 2008 chevy suburban?

The truck thinks my door is open wen its not and just want to take our the fuse so i dont need to hear constantly ringing while driving and only stops wen the truck does

The door position switch is an internal part inside the door latch mechanism. There is no fuse to shut it up, the body control module is sending that to the digital dash readout and the warning klaxon is universal to all of the dashboard gauges and failures. The fuse that would shut it up would also disable the vehicle. If this is the drivers door, there's also the possibility that one of the wires in the door bundle boot has failed, the door panel must be removed to check the switch.

Sorry there is no easy fix. If this is the power tailgate latch, try spraying some white lithium grease in the Cadillac trunk lid style power capture motorized latch assembly, the one on my 2008 Suburban has issues at times and some spray can white lithium grease always gets it working again. Most of my power lift-gate issues are in the winter with the power latch mechanism icing up, where I then have to thaw it with a hair drier to get it to close properly.

Once you remove the door panel and peal the moisture shield back, you should be able to get your hand in there to disconnect the door latch wire connector and short it with a paper clip to determine if the door latch switch is good or if the wire boot bundle back to the body control module is bad as the door should show closed when you short the door latch position 2 wire connector. If shorting that connector shuts it up, you can leave it bypassed. At that point you are only a few screws away from replacing the latch if it's bad.

• Ron

That's what I meant to say

• Ron

The dinger is actually coming from the door speaker. There is no fuse to remove. Take the door panel apart and unplug the door latch or clean the contacts. That's where your problem is

I didn't look up your vehicle, but MOST vehicles share that fuse with things you probably don't want to disable.

Check the door switch. If you want to disable the warning without actual repairs. Tape down the switch, or connect the wires directly so it always appears closed.

• don r

Check the door light switch on thedoorjamb.

• JetDoc

My car uses the same alarm sound for door open and for seat belts not used. It's probably the same fuse.