Dee asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

Stray cat been sitting on my lawn for 7 hours?

This is random, today we noticed a stray, or someones cat sitting on our lawn. We took pictures, posted them up incase someone lost it or it ran away. We still havent found anyone it might belong to. The cat has been out in our yard for 7 hours now, almost 8. We did put out food and water for it earlier, but it didnt eat, and maybe took a little water. Somehow the food dish dumped over so we picked that up. When I brought the food out it immediately meowed and began to come to me. I walked away because I have a cat, and dont know if the one outside bas any diseases I could pass on. Is it normal behavior for the cat to sit outside in the same area for that long? It has moved to a few different places, but still the same part of the lawn. Were worried it might be sick, or dying

All vets are closed, and we can not get ahold of our local animal officers. Any reassuring thoughts would be appreciated!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Sounds like it's been dumped by an owner and doesn't know where it is or what to do.

Can you put it in the garage and call someone about it later?

• 4 months ago

i have a cat at my vacation house - one day he just appeared in my garden sleeping under a hay. we were leaving for the beach i saw him., we came like 6 hours later he was still sleeping in the same position. i approached him and touched him little bit with my foot to check maybe he was dead. he wasn't. he woke up and looked at me. so i let him be. he started sleeping under the hay every day for the whole day, so i say yes, it does happen. later i started feeding him - first when i came with the sachet of wet food he saw it and ran away, so i left the dish with food and left. later he came and ate, and after that each time i came with a sachet of wet food he ran towards me. even if he belongs to someone i don't think feeding him with wet food will be bad for him. so i suggest u give the poor cat food, u don't need to pet him.

also i invited the cat to come inside - he did not want to. he came in, walked around and asked to be let outside. so please do not force the poor animal inside and do not call animal control - they will just kill the poor creature. do u people have any hearts? the cat is not damaging u, is he? it is not dangerous like a stray dog

• PR
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You can bring the cat indoors and put it in your bathroom. Put signs up on phone poles saying: FOUND CAT/PHONE.

Place an ad on Craigslist, as well, with a picture. Look at the Lost ads.

No, it is not common for a cat to do this. Either someone dumped it and it is waiting for them to return, or it is simply lost and doesn't know what to do. The cat obviously wants you to help it, so bring it inside and place in your bathroom. DO NOT take it to an animal shelter, because they put 80% of cats down in shelters, no matter what they tell you.

We once found a cat who had been dumped at a daycare facility. It had been placed in the fenced area, and sat there for hours, watching for its owners to return. She even became sunburned at the base of her ears, where there is scant fur. We found her a good home.

Be sure this cat doesn't have a home before finding her a home, but it is likely she is hoping your will keep her as your own.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

"Someone's cat" that is roaming loose IS a stray.

And don't feed the cat or it will NEVER leave.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

rnaybe you should take it as a pet since noone is clairning it

• Dee4 months agoReport

I can not do that, I currently have a cat and she does not do well with other animals due to her past before I adopted her.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

it could just be a stray cat. you did your job of posting the picture online. maybe tomorrow if it's still there ask some neighbors or put flyers in their mailboxes for the picture of the cat. then call animal control first thing in the morning if it's still there.

• Dee4 months agoReport

That makes sense. I guess I just have to look at it that way, we get alot of strays too, but I've never had any just hangout before so its a whole new area for me lol. Thank you again!

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

YOU HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON LISA MALMSTROM YOU WANT TO MARRY HER

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.