patty
patty asked in TravelAustraliaGeneral - Australia · 5 months ago

do channel ten care more about ratings that to boot George Calambaris off MasterChef for underpaying staff?

another time george pushed someone who was heckling him. what next?

• Cecil

The company that controls channel 10 has a responsibility to maximise dividends for it's shareholders. Channel 10 doesnt care about ratings or George. It only cares about profits.

I am Pleased all three Judges are leaving Master chief

• Toruko

Ah'll nae hae channel ten slimy fingers pryin't ae m'soul.

But I hae nae desire t' put thy back 'gainst walls t'spit on ye

wee knife.

They would be weighing up their options now and watching the current ratings. They would also be listening to their advertising clients. Basically George by association underpaid 8 million which is so large most people fail to understand how this could happen without intent. His company self declared this when aware and went about repaying. The Ombudsman confirmed this was not intentional. I expect to see him on The Panel soon doing a mea culpa with Aly.

Yes they do ratings are everything to channel 10

• Fred

Generally yes. These tv stations put up a load of rubbish these days and call it entertainment.

I have read up on the Colombaris case, and he has been ordered to reimburse his staff for the underpayment of wages. He is doing that. I see no reason to terminate his place on the Masterchef staff. That has nothing to do with his restaurants.

Dear Sir or Madman.

I am Mr Calambaris' lawyer. This web of lies and slanderous allegations you have constructed against my client will not be tolerated.

A civil suit for $250 has been lodged against you for wickedness and bastardry against Mr Calambaris.

I inform you that your attack on this highly respected member of the community is unAustralian, such appalling victimisation will be shut down hard and fast.

This is very much not "the vibe"

As for Channel 10 you can say what you like about that mob, they could not afford me.

Channel 10 is owned by CBS and now failing on their dime.

Of course because Channel 10 are utterly going broke just like ABC. They have been keeping same old, same old staffs and reporters on telly for years. For example look at the 5pm news reader Sandra Sully and the weatherman Tim Bailey. They are always there and annoying. Very annoying. It's time to smash your telly and get a bloody life. People never learn.