Razer blade 15 60HZ model vs 144hz model?

I am receiving the Razer blade 15 base model (60hz) in the mail tomorrow, I would like to game on a 144hz monitor. I could buy a 144hz monitor for $200 or return the laptop and buy the 144hz 2019 model for $430 more. My main concern with the 60HZ model is using it off the monitor and growing to hate the panel it came with while writing essays, watching videos etc. is the upgrade worth it? Or will I not notice a difference in 60HZ while doing productivity centered tasks?

• YKhan

Just get an external 144 Hz monitor later, it'll be better than any of the built-in screens anyways. 144 vs. 60 only matters for gaming anyways. Watching videos, doing homework won't make any difference.

Refresh rates really only matter for gaming. If you're not gaming, 60hz is perfect for everything else.

You're missing the point of a 144hz monitor.

You won't notice the effects of a high refresh rate monitor unless the screen is in motion. basically these 144hz monitors reduce that motion blur, which is great if you're playing FPS games like COD, Battlefield, Fortnite and CS:GO.

Watching a football game on a 144hz monitor would be the Bee's Knees except that the station doesn't broadcast at such a high framerate. Watching a Sitcom on a 144hz display would be pointless.

There is no reason to buy a 144hz monitor for a still screen. You might as well look for a good 60hz monitor w/ eye-care protection for that sort of thing. 15" is small enough to handle 1080p with clarity and no pixelation.

Other than that, 144hz monitors do not increase the native screen clarity and youtube videos are lucky to run at 60fps. Something else is wrong with your current display.

• mlavery7216 months agoReport

No, you missed the point of my question. I was never talking about clarity. I hear people who switch from 60HZ to 144hz, even hate the curser movement on their 60HZ panel due to the lower refresh rate