Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

Can I keep cupcakes in the refrigerator before shower?

I'm throwing a shower on a Saturday afternoon. However, I have to pick up the cupcakes the day before from the bakery. Will they keep okay for a day before the shower? Any specifc instructions I need?

Favorite Answer

they will be fine on your kitchen counter.

No need to refrigerate them. they probably aren't refrigerated at the bakery either.

• denise

Keep them in the container / carton and place in the larder / pantry, or in a cool place, I think the fridge would be too cold.

• Anna E

Don't refrigerate them. Refrigeration can make baked goods dry out. They should be fine if covered.

If they have buttercream frosting I dont see any issue unless it's very hot and humid where you are. With whipped cream frosting I would chill them

They will get drier in the refrigerator. A refrigerator is designed to remove moisture from the air inside it and the items inside.

Leave your cupcakes on the counter or at least at room temperature.

I had an overwhelming desire to tell you to wet hair, shampoo, rinse, repeat, and I don't think I can fight it off.

I think they should be fine on the counter. Keep in an airtight container

• They will keep for a day. Ask at the bakery if they should go in the fridge or not. Refrigeration makes things staler faster, but if there is real buttercream icing or something like that - they will need to be kept cold. No matter what, make sure they are well wrapped.

• like this http://r.sib.atkinsresearch.com/mk/cl/f/V3vx9BKXS6bWyJ0mQtnNipA_JkLR7G6RCglPaEs_BHMEdOSSHqurTxOd1x47rXPKCD38y1xB5C5JISsi9qMNuq0kkyL46BrTb7nJSL8d7u6c1u-Ym16Ik4kHeQOXM8TB-dj1oBC0nsBcqhshlkJeycGL6IOTPf5N--ezOeDum_5Ay6dpgzqt

• patty

cover them with foil or something in the fridge.

That will work.