What was your measured angle of the North Star (Polaris) above the horizon at your location? Did the angle change over a several week period?

• Roger

The picture below shows star trails (its a half hour exposure), there is one star that is fixed that star is Polaris. Polaris is about 3/4 of a degree from the celestial north pole, it moves in a very small circle around the celestial north pole

about 45! How did you know?

• Clive

What makes you think I've been measuring it regularly for weeks? Seriously? Clearly this is homework and you have been given it because the way you will learn is for YOU to do it.

And why do you make the weird assumption that nobody here is from Australia, where Polaris is never visible?

I am at 41 degrees north, puts Polaris at 49 degrees. Nope never changes unless I change my latitude.

Getting very technical, there is a tiny deviation from the true polar axis, but tell my scope to go true north, it is visible near center of the scope.

• Doesn't make you right.
      https://www.eso.org/public/outreach/eduo... :
      Your Geographical Latitude = Height of North Star above horizon.

• Bill-M

As long as you don't change position (Latitude) the Angle of Polaris will remain the Same.

It's below the horizon where I live and it doesn't change position.

• Acetek

not here to do your homework

So you're asking me to measure it repeatedly over several weeks and then get back to you? Are you going to be checking this answer at that time? I need to know before I invest that kind of effort.