Why Would Someone Bully You and Then Show Concern?

I've always been on the bigger side in both height and weight, partly from natural bone structure and hormones. Ever since I can remember I've been bullied about my weight by peers at school but I came to a realization now that my family also bullied me a lot as a child and have only somewhat stopped now... show more I've always been on the bigger side in both height and weight, partly from natural bone structure and hormones. Ever since I can remember I've been bullied about my weight by peers at school but I came to a realization now that my family also bullied me a lot as a child and have only somewhat stopped now that I'm an adult. What I'm trying to understand is, if I ate they'd bully me but when I turned 14 I started having really unhealthy eating practices, I'm not the type to vomit (not naturally and I tried purging but I guess I did it wrong or I just can't do it that way.) I stopped eating a lot all together, trying slightly dangerous methods and then they started being concerned because I wasn't eating. I'm 19 now and a bit better but when I try to eat healthy they critique me (all I did was cut out red meat and soda and they started bringing up that I had pasta last month so I should just give up, or try to give unsolicited weight loss advice when they all have beerguts.) I guess I'd get better answers if I asked them but I live in a strict household where bringing up the faults of my elders is seen as disrespectful. Is there any idea why someone would be so hypocritical in how they treat a person? They get upset now because I openly admitted I don't like any of them after how they treated me and say I should "move on" and "show respect."
4 answers 4