What is a pastor elect?

• rick

One that gets his post from popularity, rather than education, qualifications, experience, and appointment from a superior. Probably a charlatan

• David

I've never heard that term. Maybe it's a pastor who has been called but not yet installed.

one who has been chosen by the congregation.... but has not yet assumed the responsibility

In the Baptist church, the pastor must be voted in by the administrative council, as opposed to appointed, as with UMC. Different denominations have different governmental processes for selecting and appointing clergy. The pastor who is voted into the position would be the pastor elect, until they officially fill the position.

I'm not saying that the "pastor elect" is only Baptist, for the record. I was just using Baptist as an example because I know they have a more decentralized system of church government.

A

- [something]-elect

is

an officer that has been elected to office

but who has not yet been [officially] installed into that office.

President-elect

Mayor-elect

etc.

A pastor who has been hired by a church but not yet ceremoniously installed by the church council.

i know not what a Pastor elect is. But i do know who the elect are. They are the 144,000 and their offspring after them.

• DiscipleDave

belong to, does not mean God does not know what tribe we belong to. The antichrist that will come into the World, will have the lineage of Cain.