What is a pastor elect?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • rick
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

One that gets his post from popularity, rather than education, qualifications, experience, and appointment from a superior. Probably a charlatan

• David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I've never heard that term. Maybe it's a pastor who has been called but not yet installed.

• 5 months ago

one who has been chosen by the congregation.... but has not yet assumed the responsibility

• 5 months ago

In the Baptist church, the pastor must be voted in by the administrative council, as opposed to appointed, as with UMC. Different denominations have different governmental processes for selecting and appointing clergy. The pastor who is voted into the position would be the pastor elect, until they officially fill the position.

I'm not saying that the "pastor elect" is only Baptist, for the record. I was just using Baptist as an example because I know they have a more decentralized system of church government.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

A

- [something]-elect

is

an officer that has been elected to office

but who has not yet been [officially] installed into that office.

President-elect

Mayor-elect

etc.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

A pastor who has been hired by a church but not yet ceremoniously installed by the church council.

• 5 months ago

i know not what a Pastor elect is. But i do know who the elect are. They are the 144,000 and their offspring after them.

• DiscipleDave
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

belong to, does not mean God does not know what tribe we belong to. The antichrist that will come into the World, will have the lineage of Cain.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.