Is this cruel?

Hi. I just want opinions from you fine people on something. Ok...maybe some validation would be nice, too. Any advice that you think is helpful to me would be appreciated also. I met someone over the internet who romanced me. He knew I was a lonely person, and not so young anymore. He talked about getting married... show more Hi. I just want opinions from you fine people on something. Ok...maybe some validation would be nice, too. Any advice that you think is helpful to me would be appreciated also.

I met someone over the internet who romanced me. He knew I was a lonely person, and not so young anymore. He talked about getting married and having children.

I think you know where this is going. He "left" or dumped me. Now I have to accept that I'm probably never going to get married or have a family. I'm also really scared of the future, and another thing is that he is well off and really is open about it. He talks all the time about what he has. I guess that was part of the glamour and attraction of him.

Now I feel like I am so less, forgotten, alone, with very little materially. I didn't feel like this before I knew the guy. I wasn't happy, but I didn't feel so desolate.

My question is was he cruel to act like we would have those things? Or was I just stupid? I wanted those things so much, and now I'll never have them. His life is so great, and mine is lonely and boring.

Thank you if you read this. :(