Humans Are Not Animals?

I believe to be more than just an animal.

I was created in my mother's womb in the image of almighty God. Your thoughts?

• Paul

Correct. Humans are the only existing beings with both a biological and a spiritual nature. Angels and demons are totally spiritual. Animals are totally biological. Only humans are created with a biological nature and body, AND a spiritual nature, immortal soul, and moral capacity.

• jpopelish

My dog has a stronger conscience
      than most people I know.

• Matt

Image of your bioligical parents with maybe a gene mutation or 2, just like other animals, himans are just the ones with most complex brain structure.

• Cowboy

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're not mineral or vegetable. So, by process of elimination, we're animal. That doesn't mean we're "animals."

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

The definition of animal in biology includes humans.

And if you think this is conflicting with your religion, You should be aware that our species Homo sapiens has been correctly classified in the Primate order (great apes family, etc.) by the very religious and creationist Linnaeus one century before Darwin.

It's only recently that we found out that the taxonomic classification mirrors quite well the evolution history.

In the 18th century, belonging to the "primacy" group was considered an honor (hence the word "Primate"). and it was still possible to be smart and religious.

However, it's normal you feel special as an animal. I feel special: I'm Homo sapiens that's my species name. Other animals aren't H. sapiens. I'm not sexually attracted to any other animal.

Other animals feel the same. Mexican fun eared bats feel special too. They are Natalus stramineus, that's their species name, they can fly and they aren't sexually attracted to any other animal.

correct..... by the time The Creator God placed man-kind on this planet(100 to 50 thousand years ago) all of the other lifeforms God had planted here were up and running.... many thousands/millions had already gone extinct ..... God Created two humans... one male and one female..... separate from the animals..... all humans today are descended from those two created beings..... the biology of all of that is a much greater subject..... way to much to go into on YA............. but.... there were lifeforms already here... when God put man-kind here... that resemble man-kind..... those went extinct soon after man's arival ... it is likely that the first humans did have contact with those animal lifeforms ..... but there was no in-breading... God Created man-kind for his own unique purpose.... a purpose not yet revealed

Source(s): neversubmit@yahoo.com

All the evidence shows that you are an animal and that we not only are closely related to other primates but that we are cross breeds with several extinct species.

Genetically speaking your "question" not only has no evidence to support it, but is completely against everything we know.

I don't care what you believe sugar

Source(s): Ok

One, some part of you has existed forever. You existed with God in the habitable part of his earth while he created this Earth for us to inhabit. Prov. 8:22-31.

Two, yes, you and all human beings are created in the image of God.. Our spirits are literally his children, which sets us apart from the other beings on this planet.

Yes, we are and your god isn't real, sorry

• Spectreskeptic

Dave, what you describe is classic "Emperor with no clothes" fallacy. First believe and then you will see. Complete bollocks.