Any good reasons you guys can give me for learning a foreign language?
- 5 months agoFavorite Answer
1. Finding a job.
2. Knowing how to communicate with other people if you visit a foreign country.
3. Helps you understand concepts of your own language too.
4. Enhances your mental abilities.
5. Sometimes you learn about the culture of other countries.
- RightmanLv 65 months ago
Being part of a proper community. That's why I'm proud to be a Welsh speaker, otherwise I'd just be English with a different post code.
- oikoσLv 75 months ago
Caffe seems to have summed it up nicely but I would like to add one more. Not everything you want to read is written in English.
- .Lv 75 months ago
At a personal level, I've found the most powerful motivation is wanting to better communicate with people you know.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- tentofieldLv 75 months ago
Learning another language gives you better understanding of your own language. If you intend to travel it makes travelling easier. If you live in a bilingual country, it lets you talk to your fellow citizens. All Americans should learn Spanish just s all Canadians learn French. Once you have two languages, you will find a third much easier to learn.