Anonymous

Is it bad that i’m startingto become racist against spanish people?

Im from Florida and they’re so annoying. Wherever they go they gotta bring the whole family tree, they have to be loud as hell. And then they don’t speak english

Favorite Answer

I don’t think it’s bad unless you’re directly saying racist things to them. If you keep your thoughts to yourself and still treat them with respect, then I don’t think it’s an issue. It’s also good that you recognise you might be becoming racist towards them.

I understand how you feel. Here in Australia, some of our cities have large groups of Chinese people. Over time, I’ve become slightly racist towards the Chinese. They tend to annoy me a lot. From my experience, they can be VERY loud in public with little regard for others. I’ve seen them cough and splutter loudly, everywhere, without covering their mouths. I’ve seen them push in queues and shove people, and sometimes they bring along about 10 or more (very loud) family members just to go grocery shopping. Then they’ll take photos of everything even if they’re told not to. I treat them respectfully when interacting, but I can’t help but be annoyed, ESPECIALLY because I work in retail and see how they can behave as customers!

How you express your racism is really the only judgement marker to determine if it's bad or used in a mode of observation of Spanish people giving you ideas of your comfortability level in regards to how long you're comfortable being in the same environment with them (that would be a positive way of expressing it). It could indicate to some spanish people where you live that their mannerisms make them difficult to be near to by non-spanish people both silently and subtly distancing themselves from Spanish people in a shared environment.

Bad for YOU, maybe. It's not bad for anybody else...except perhaps children that you might influence. Think and believe what you want - it's not a crime. But of course everyone will be free to be racist against YOU, too! Is THAT a good thing?

Maybe if you don't want everybody in the world to be racist, you should start with yourself, eh? Like the Michael Jackson song: "If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at YOURSELF and make that change!"

Those are Hispanics and Latinos, not Spaniards

I understand what you feel and think. I would like to think it's more about the History ones nationality, Heritage, Culture etc. How can one respect and appreciate that when Migrated in from who knows where. Many people don't even know about their own, much less yours.

• Magui

Yeah, Spanish people from Spain are sometimes quite loud too. And many English people have a tendency to get drunk and act like jerks.

Oh god... Am I starting to become racist against Spanish and English people? I know most of them are normal nice people and we shouldn't generalize though. Don't generalize.

These are not Spanish people. They're called Hispanics or Latinos. Spanish people are Spaniards.

Yeah, they usually don't speak English.

Hey!

I don't like Spanish people either!

It's okay in my book, I don't consider myself a racist since Spanish people aren't officially a race, though they should be considered a race...

obviously....................