Would you buy a ranch plot on the Moon from Dennis Hope?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

I already have

Built a Bar/ Restaurant there too

Hasn't been going too well

It has been foreclosed

And my clientele have no way to get home

• 6 months ago

Um... Aside from having a novelty 'deed' that isn't worth the paper it's printed on, I wouldn't... Same thing with "renaming" a star - it's not official. (Heck, they probably send *everyone* the same star map with the same star circled as being renamed for them...)

No one can own land on any of the heavenly bodies, as per the Outer Space Treaty in 1968. And - even if you *could*... how would a ranch work on the *moon*...?

• In
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

"Among the Outer Space Treaty's main points are that it prohibits the placing of nuclear weapons in space, it limits the use of the Moon and all other celestial bodies to peaceful purposes only, and establishes that space shall be free for exploration and use by all nations, but that no nation may claim sovereignty of outer space or any celestial body. The Outer Space Treaty does not ban military activities within space, military space forces, or the weaponization of space, with the exception of the placement of weapons of mass destruction in space.[6][7]"

• 6 months ago

Three problems:

United Nations convention of no private ownership in outer space, including the moon.

Access is expensive.

Finding something to raise on a moon ranch.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.