How can I best prepare my sprained ankle for long periods of walking?

I sprained my ankle a little over a day ago, I skipped a step going down stairs and rolled it outward. The ankle itself immediately swelled and was extremely painful to walk, but there is very few bruising. It took me a few hours to wrap it, but I have been trying rest as much as possible since then, along with icing it and keeping it wrapped. I can walk without pain when walking flat footed, but stretching still hurts.

The problem is I have a trip tomorrow morning which I must attend which will require a heavy amount of walking (10,000+ steps), and then work the next day which will require standing for extended periods of time. What steps should I take now to get my foot in the best shape possible to walk tomorrow?

Try to stay off of it as much as possible, take some ibprofen before walking. If you really have to walk on it be sure to wear an ankle brace(it helps A LOT)

Rest and ice. Tomorrow take ibuprofen or acetaminophen before you head out and through the day on schedule. Helpful hint: you can alternate the two on a two-hour rotation if just one doesn’t do the trick.