jules asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

What trick/command was the hardest for you to teach your dog?

the hardest one was bite

Come - but I have had scent hounds for all my 'doggie life'. To add to that, stop, with my sight hound.

Note - ONLY when on a hot scent or visually seeing something.

Come Bye.....

Where the sheepdog is sent to the left (clockwise) around the flock.

In response to your comment........

.Away. The opposite of Come Bye:circling the ewes to the right (anti-clockwise). was no problem He did that almost automatically.

And it took me around 10 days to get him to Come bye on command consistently .

In order to get him to do it initially i used the example of the retiring working sheepdog that he eventually replaced as my current working dog.

Source(s): Shepherd
    • jules5 months agoReport

How long did it take? How did you even do it?

I googled this... and the 5 top tricks on one site that are hardest to teach a dog, were listed as... Skateboarding (or surfing), Fetch a Drink From the Refrigerator, Use The Toilet, Sing - (This is probably the hardest trick to teach a dog)

• Edwena

Stop scratching.