Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Am I a creep for screenshotting text convos with one of my friends to look at later for therapy reasons?

I suffer from intense anxiety and depression and once needed hospitalization it got so bad. I have one friend who has never judged me for my illness and always reinsures me I’m a good person and deserve happiness. Looking back at our convos helps me relax during panic attacks so I don’t always have to bother her. But I don’t know I don’t want to be a creep either but they’re my convos with her anyways.

I just use them to relax. All my texts got deleted one time so I screenshot them.

• Rick

There's nothing wrong with doing that and it's great that they help you during anxious times. I'm glad you have a supportive friend.

No. Those conversations were positive experiences for you. That's why you reflect on them.

The coping skill you use now is actually similar to when people write down a list of positive things about themselves and look at it when upset.