Anonymous

It says I'm working a 5 hour shift today but I'm only getting payed for 4.50 hours, is that ok of them to do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • If you get breaks and they're payed (you have to clock in and out for your breaks), then they can.

Also some companies take out breaks from your schedule even if you don't take them.

Talk to your boss, ask them about the extra 10 minutes that you're missing.

• 4 months ago

They giving you a half hour lunch break or something?

• H
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Looks like you might have taken a 30 minute break. If that were the case then they likely clocked you out and there was nothing wrong with that. Except I'm less inclined to believe it was a break on a count that you were only working 5 hours. If you did work all 5 hours then what they are doing is wrong and they are stealing from you.

• 4 months ago

Do you take lunch? Or breaks? You are not paid for these

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Not if you're working a 5 hour shift. Even if you get a 10 minute rest break, a break that short mat be paid by FEDERAL law.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Federal law doesn't require rest or meal breaks to be paid.

• 4 months ago

Where are located?

Did you take a rest or meal break? Are rest and meal breaks paid for per state law or company policy?

If you took a rest or meal break and don't work where it needs to be paid, then yes, your pay is correct.

If the shortage is related to something other than non-working time, tell us why you are being shorted.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Here is the detailed WA requirements: https://www.lni.wa.gov/WorkplaceRights/Wages/HoursBreaks/Breaks/ You must be given a 10 minute break if you work 4 hours. If you are completely away from your work duties, it doesn't need to be paid (that said "most" companies pay for rest break (not meals)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.