Why is my landlord still trying to evict me ?

Ok so I’ve been living in this one bedroom apartment for almost 2 years. Landlord forgot to make me sign a lease in the beginning and then tried to have me sign it two month after I already moved in. I denied and ever since he’s hated me. Anyway I got myself a pet cat which he found out about and told me I had to... show more Ok so I’ve been living in this one bedroom apartment for almost 2 years. Landlord forgot to make me sign a lease in the beginning and then tried to have me sign it two month after I already moved in. I denied and ever since he’s hated me. Anyway I got myself a pet cat which he found out about and told me I had to get rid of which i did. EXCEPT after getting rid of my cat I noticed mice. All the time. It wasn’t just me noticing them but my neighbors as well. I had enough of it and got another cat and the mice problem went away. ( I think mice just avoid anywhere near the apartment where there’s a feline) well he happened to see my new cat at the window sends me a text telling me I evicted I said you’ll have to take me to court. Fast forward a month and I go the official eviction notice from his lawyer telling me I had to be out by the 16th of June. June 16 passes and I’m still here waiting for a court date. Now I’m that time I’ve gotten a letter from my psych claiming my cat is an emotional support animal and I’ve told him but he refuses to reply to my texts. He’s stopped accepting my payments since May and it’s really confusing me. Is he going to still try and evict me because of my cat? I’m also a model tenant I clean around the building , hallways everything
20 answers 20