Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 5 months ago

How do I fix this problem with my iPhone?

I did something incredibly stupid today, which I don’t know how to fix. Is there anyone out there who could possibly help me? My brother bought me a new rechargeable battery case for my iPhone 8 Plus. I was so excited about using it, that I mistakenly slid my iPhone into the case, without removing the previous case, which is a thin rubber cover. Now my phone is stuck about 9/10 of the way down to the bottom of the keys, and I cannot get it out. I don’t want to tell my brother about it, because he’s the one who also bought me the phone, and I always end up doing something stupid to screw things up with it. I guess it’s just not my day. Is there anyone that could help me with this problem?

Pull the top of the old case?

As that starts to stretch, it should get thinner and the whole thing get looser in the outer shell.

WD 40. Aim carefully. Be patient.

• Bubba

I have no clue but maybe try putting your phone with the covers in the sunlight for 5 minutes in hopes the heat will soften the plastic cases

Untested idea: see if a strip of duct or shipping tape stuck to the face of the glass will give you some grip. Back half the strip with paper so it doesn't stick, and thread it up and out through the top of the case. Stick the remainder to the glass. Now you have a handle while you try to peel and wiggle the case away.