Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 5 months ago

Should I Stop Running (at least until I'm in a more healthy place)?

I hate running. I'll just say it. So much so that it's honestly hard for me to tell at first what is normal pain and what is unhealthy pain. However, I am not in a healthy enough place right now to do Anything else. Even with running I still weigh, at best, average, at worst, somewhat above average (170 at 5'9.5 height). I eat A lot, because there is no other way to get around my nothing schedule right now (I don't currently have a job, nor any other responsibility to keep me out of my head), so I eat out at least 5 days a week..For a while, since October, I was running (these are all rough estimate) 55 minutes 5 days a week, with a 9 minute warm up from the 1-3 miles per hours (about 15-30 seconds each interval), 22 or so minutes of it being in the 4mph (3 minutes per interval, except 5.7 and 8 where I do 1, then back to 3 for .9) , about 15 minutes at 5-5.5mph (at 3 minutes per interval), and a 5 minute run from 5.5-8.8 (don't ask me how I came up with that, it was a weird trial and error). It had been causing me a lot of pain, but until I was forced to take a break from it I was able to tune it out..If I am to At all compensate for my disgusting eating habits I shouldn't do much less, but it is causing me daily injury whenever I go back...It honestly feels like it is may be causing more harm to my body than if I were to just be disgusting...Should I quit until I'm in a better place, or deal with the pain?

I suggest you consult with your family doctor. There may be depression issues to deal with, in addition to whatever is causing the pain.

You might benefit from changing your diet to a plant-based diet and walking instead. If you aren't familiar with what a plant-based diet is then just Google it. try to find some articles or videos by Dr. John McDoogle. He does a good job of explaining it and why it is good for losing weight.

• 5 months agoReport

I can't even be trusted to make a basic new decision right now.. Keeping my current diet, as unhealthy as it is, is necessary for my happiness..I hope when I get a job and I am clear headed I can look into it, right now I want the better of two evils; what is healthier between the two.

keep working toward ur goals and what makes u happy

• 5 months agoReport

I do really appreciate the sentiment :), I mean it..However, happiness isn't quite an option yet, in my current situation (I have no ability to see what may make me happy when I am in a better place)..I need insight on what is the healthiest. Be 220 lbs, or degrade my muscles and joints into mush?