Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health & Beauty · 12 months ago

is there anything I can do to grow taller?

I'm late teens and all my friends are like 5'10 and taller while I'm 5'5 and it makes me feel really insecure especially when people point it out in pictures I'm the same height as my dad is there anything I can do to grow taller

• Sam

Look at the bright side, you are less likely to bump your head on things that those who are taller.

• marty

No. Dont feel bad though, Napoleon was 5' 7" and he did well in life.

• kelvin

wait until your done growing

No, sorry.

Your height - bone length - is set by your mid to late teens. Once the "growth plates" in the bones have closed up and become solid, nothing short of major surgery can change your height.

(Growth hormone can affect height if it's prescribed to a child or someone in their early teens, while bone growth is still occurring - but it does nothing at all for your height when you are older).

Drink Milk. Eat cheese. Excercise.