Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 months ago

Is it weird that I never seen met a Black person before?

I live in Vermont which is about 95 percent White. Everywhere I go, I only see White people. I have never seen a Black person in real life, only in movies and on the news.

I’ve never seen a Black person neither. I live in Boston and they refuse to venture outside the hood of Boston

not weird, but interesting. for me, i cant imagine that. i grew up in london which is very multicultural, but now i live in a very white area.

Good I’m sure they don’t want to meet you.

• Lili

No. certain parts of the world have very few.

In the part of the city in which I lived until I was almost 12, there were no black people. I didn't have a black classmate until, ironically, my parents enrolled me in a private school.

• susan

That depends on what part of the world you live in. Where I grew up, it would be weird.

Not strange for Vermont but probably the reason Bernie Sanders can't get any traction with black voters.

Are you a Trump supporter

yes but not the end of the world...

You're lucky is what you are.

People in areas of Vermont where there are no black people don't colloquially say "I never seen." Saying "seen" instead of "saw" or "have seen" is not colloquial to those regions, is not part of the vernacular.

Brass tacks: You're lying⁠—about being from Vermont, about never having seen a black person, or both.

• M.

Lol, you uncovered another troll!! 👍