Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 1 year ago

Why do I score so many own goals when playing football? Am I unlucky or am I just making stupid mistakes Please respond If you can help?

Apart from scoring own goals I m a solid player my passing is efficient, tackling is my strong point, I m really strong and have decent pace my dribbling can sometimes be my downfall and my shooting is quite good for a defensive midfielder.

• August
    1 year ago

You are probably out of position. I was a full back in my day and seemed to be the only one helping out the GK. Many times I tried to block a shot at goal and took a deflection into my own net. Yes it can be embarassing but where were the rest of the defence? Let the 2 defenders do their jobs and stay away from the penalty area -thats a start

1 year ago

Unlucky is if it happens once, if it keeps happening then you're doing something wrong.

• Cogito
    1 year ago

If your passing was excellent, you wouldn't kick the ball into your own goal!

It sounds like you're making stupid mistakes.