Can I get a student visa for MS in CANADA, USA, UK or AUSTRALIA?

I am a Pakistani national and I completed BS Chemical engineering in 2010 from a Pakistani university. It has been 10 years and I have no work experience related to my field of study.

Step one.

Find a school that wants you as a student.

The student visa is the easy part.

With a ten year old degree do not expect any University to take you on. You can try.

If you were not in the top 1 or 2% of your class suggest you do not waste your time.

Your competition is the thousands of other graduates from around the world wanting the same thing.

You can always apply to accredited universities in those nations to see if you can gain acceptance. However, the "BS" degree is a little problematic because since the decade ago when you got yours that degree has been split into different categories like BS-I, BS-II, etc. That was to try to bring it in line with a western "BS" degree (that stands for Bachelor of Science rather than the Bachelor of Studies you received). So if you took this degree a long time ago it may not be sufficient to gain entry to a western four year uni. But you might as well try.

• Umer5 months agoReport

I have a 4 years Bachelor of science degree. It's actually 4 years degree in chemical engineering

IF a school in one of those places accepts you as a student. That would be the hard part.

Highly unlikely you can get accepted by any university in any foreign country. Your degree is very stale, very out-of-date, and you have no experience in your field. IF you could find a school to accept you, it is highly unlikely you could possibly qualify for a student visa. In fact, you most likely will be denied a visa on suspicion of visa fraud - intent to remain - & that comes with a permanent bar to reentry.

If you really want to earn a master's degree, you need to go to school in your own country. You would waste a lot of money trying to apply for admission to grad school at this point.

• Umer5 months agoReport

If I get a fresh master's degree and then apply for PhD abroad will it work?

• Maxi

You can only get a student visa, if you can get an accepted place in a registered University and have international fees in place to pay...then you can apply for the visa, certainly within the UK immigration will also check to make sure that you are studying for a subject that is useful back in Pakistan as that is where you will be returning to work after you finish studying and it is likely the other countries ( if they are sensible) do the same

• Umer5 months agoReport

But I have a 10 years gap. I completed my BS in 2010 and I have only worked as a school teacher because of lack of engineering jobs. The consultants told me that I may not get a visa even after getting an offer letter for admission from a university. What do you say?

You first apply to a university to be a future student. Once you are accepted as a future student the university will help you with the student visa application.

• Tavy

You would have to contact U.K. Universities and ask. And be prepared to fund yourself.