How to open a business in my own house?

I want to know how to open a business in my own home. I own the property and all i have to do its pay property taxes and utilities

I have a couple of ideas like renting out each individual rooms to clients with there business ideas.

Also I want to open my own business so i can make profit like Steve job or bill gates.

I have some money saved up but i don t want my money to go down the drain if the business is not working.

• Jay

Go to the Excellence-Success site and read about starting businesses.

There is also information on the Your Harmonic Resonance site...that information is mainly about avoiding scams.

AND then there is AIR Bnb......

If it's zoned as 'residential' you can't have customers come, can't put up a sign or any of that. Residential means residential. The only way to get around it is to do 100% of your business on the computer only.

Tax preparers rent office space, so do therapy massagers, taxidermists, etc.

You may own the property...but how is it zoned??? That would be step 1...seeing what sorts of businesses would be acceptable given the zoning.

Are you properly zoned to run a commercial property where you are located?

If not, that would be step 1 if you want to rent out space to other businesses.

• Mark

It's a huge leap of imagination going from a few home-based businesses to Gates or Job's level of wealth. Maybe come back to something a bit more realistic. Btw, you could partially invest in commercial properties. Those rents are often for several years at a time, renewable rights, and house lawyers, hairdressers, banks, etc. A lot more passive than being a residential landlord.