How to open a business in my own house?

I want to know how to open a business in my own home. I own the property and all i have to do its pay property taxes and utilities

I have a couple of ideas like renting out each individual rooms to clients with there business ideas.

Also I want to open my own business so i can make profit like Steve job or bill gates.

I have some money saved up but i don t want my money to go down the drain if the business is not working.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Go to the Excellence-Success site and read about starting businesses.

There is also information on the Your Harmonic Resonance site...that information is mainly about avoiding scams.

AND then there is AIR Bnb......

• 5 months ago

If it's zoned as 'residential' you can't have customers come, can't put up a sign or any of that. Residential means residential. The only way to get around it is to do 100% of your business on the computer only.

Tax preparers rent office space, so do therapy massagers, taxidermists, etc.

• 5 months ago

You may own the property...but how is it zoned??? That would be step 1...seeing what sorts of businesses would be acceptable given the zoning.

• 5 months ago

Are you properly zoned to run a commercial property where you are located?

If not, that would be step 1 if you want to rent out space to other businesses.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

It's a huge leap of imagination going from a few home-based businesses to Gates or Job's level of wealth. Maybe come back to something a bit more realistic. Btw, you could partially invest in commercial properties. Those rents are often for several years at a time, renewable rights, and house lawyers, hairdressers, banks, etc. A lot more passive than being a residential landlord.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.