Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 years ago

Leaving a narcissistic husband.?

Has anyone any help or advice on how to leave a narc..? My experience is of them.. you can never be sore which person you're going to get.

He could be the sweetest man one day the next I could get to to F off.

35 years married to one of being mentally abused emotionally abuse, financially abused.

Being made to feel so worthless, being put down every day.

Going on holidays with him and being picked on.

Telling me he's recording me for his family when he starts the fights. Laughing at me because he wants to go on big holidays weekends away nights out concerts and I no longer wanna be away with him.

Gambling for years leaving us with no money for the kids who are now adult, but he still gambles. Drinks and drives but drinks loads and then ends up sleeping in shed.

Swearing and abusing me and my daughter in the home house. But he goes out side the front door and everyone loves him.

Anyone advice on how to get away or deal with this? I have very little money because when I did work I put it into the house as he gambled his wages.

My health wouldn't be the best and when i was ill he rigged the heating so I had no heat.

6 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    Sounds like you may need to get a job so you have the resources to leave and to complete a divorce.

  • 2 years ago

    Pack your things and walk out the front door. It's not rocket science.

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    First get a legal separation so that he isn’t allowed to be anywhere close to you due to violence towards you and your children. Then you are able to think about whether you want to divorce him

  • 2 years ago

    How do you go? You get a Lawyer find out what you are entitled to, what your responsibilities are, and then see if you have the heart/courage/determination to actually make that move.

    Do nothing and nothing changes.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

    So you've let him walk all over you for 35 years. Foolish you.....and weak you for enabling him all these years. Your poor daughter took the brunt of it and what's the betting she ends up with someone just like her daddy because that's all she knows about men. She'll take her cue from you. All you do is WALK AWAY. Find a shelter for abused women temporarily and they'll advise you how to get legal help as you are entitled to half of what your husband has got - the house etc. Hard to do at any time and even harder after 35 years - but other women manage to dig themselves out of the pit and regain their self esteem which has been sapped by their abuser. Good luck

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    Yeah, you hire a lawyer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.