Strachan takes up role at Dundee?

as technical director. Is this a stepping stone for the manager's role ?

Great player at Leeds but his managerial record is poor

Haha misinformed and frankly idiotic Thick Mags getting it all wrong again as the verbal diarrhea drips off her chin. I and other Celtic fans didnt like strachan because he was a petty, stubborn wee man who would cut off his nose to spite his face even if it was to the determent of the team. Absolutely nothing to do with not being 'Celtic minded', what a stinking load of cr@p that woman talks. There have been Celtic managers in the past that have not had a Celtic background but Ive liked such as Wim Jansen, Ronny Deila (poor manager but decent guy)...absolutely fook all to do with being 'Celtic minded'. That woman has brain rot. You just know she read that cr@p about 'Celtic minded' somewhere and decided to start spouting off about it on here, if she had the sense she would be embarrassed.

Thick Mags - It doesnt matter how much of a Celtic man Neil Lennon is, if he was not doing a good job I would want him sacked. Ive already said if he doesnt win the League this season he should be sacked, fook all to do with being Celtic minded.

I’m sorry but you can’t Criticise Strachan as a manager. Ok he done poorly at Middlesbrough but he done an excellent job at Southampton, did what he had to do at Celtic and improved the Scotland squad dramatically despite them failing to qualify at the last hurdle.

He done well when manager at Southampton so good luck to the wee guy

• Tatty

Not that you can ever trust the shite that people in football talk but he recently stated that he's finished with management and he wants to concentrate helping youth/kids etc.

You never know in the long run and obviously people change their minds but I personally don't think he will. He was supposedly contacted after Lennon left Hibs, but showed absolutely no interest in taking up the position. I felt that if anyone stood a chance of enticing him back into management it would be Hibs, given he was born not far from Leith/Easter Road and has always supported them.

One possible way I could see him back in management. is kind of by default, if say Dundee sack McPake at some point and maybe turn to Strachan to take over in a caretaker capacity, which might lead to him taking the job up.

Yes, he had a great swansong at Leeds but having seen most of his career, his playing days at Aberdeen were his best.

• Tatty

Hesselink a good case in point, cnut used to do ma nut in, always missing absolute fcuking sitters.

Strachans fcuking stupid, pointless answers, to seemingly sensible straightforward questions, annoyed me as well. As you say, a right strange wee cnut.

• Maggie

I hope he does well. I've got a lot of time for Gordon Strachan. He was treated badly by the Celtic fans, or a certain section of Celtic fans just cos he wasn't 'Celtic minded'.

Hey deluded Dan, Neil Lennon is stubborn, petty, goes greeting to the authorities but you love him cos he's a Celtic fan.. You are an expert in contradicting yourself and making yourself look like the idiot you are.

• Maggie

So even though there's not much difference, Gordon Strachan gets criticised the most? I get that his style of play might not have been to everyone's taste, but he didn't deserve the treatment from certain fans.

He must be a Freemason.