Survey: What’s the coolest animal you’ve seen in the wild? Zoo and wild both work?

Favorite Answer

Capibara's................

Orangutan. ;-)

I once saw the REAL, original Smokey the Bear at the National Zoo in DC.

He still had the bald spots from where he was burned. Alas, he finally died just a year or so later.......

so it was so cool, actually getting to see the REAL Smokey the Bear, while he was still alive.

There is now a monument, (a statue) at the zoo, outside where his old enclosure use to be. .....showing him as he was found, as a cub, clinging to the top of a burnt tree.

remember...........only YOU can prevent forest fires.

In the wild.........I once found a baby hedgehog in my garden. He was so cute. he seemed lost or abandoned, so I built him a little house......just so he'd have some protection. (I had no idea where hedgehogs normally live......as we had no hedges..........) and he hung around for 3 days, in his little house......and then he waddled off.

• Ben

Zebras, giraffes, lions, and hippos.

I think the white tiger is cool