Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

How do I tell them all that I am pregnant?

I’m 19. I’ve been having an affair with a family friend. I’ve known them since I was 11. Though her husband and I made a mistake and now I’m pregnant. I’m not considering an abortion but I really don’t know how to tell them especially since they have a 6 year old son. The baby’s father is 43 and his wife is 48. I haven’t told my parents either cause I’m too scared. I also don’t know how this could work all out. Tips???

• Jason

When your child may be around 10 months old when he/she starts to react to you and smile at you making you his/ her favourite person, you would realize how foolish the idea of abortion would have been

Suppose you decided to have kids later on in your life and that child begins to behave as I mentioned above, you will regret your MISTAKE OF ABORTION which has happen earlier in your life and that regret won't go, believe me!

Don't do a thing which you will have to regret at a later stage in your life, your hardships now will ultimately end with time

I hope you would think twice!

Go in armed with the name of the adoption agency you're working with and make it very clear to everyone that you're not irresponsible enough to think you could possibly keep the baby. If you play your cards right you won't even have to tell your parents who the father is. This family friend may hear of the pregnancy and ask about it but just tell him it's not his concern and you've got it under control.

• `

You need to tell your parents about this right away. Pick a time when it's relatively quiet and tell them just like you told us. You don't have to reveal who the father is. You're nineteen years old and you're going to have to make some life altering decisions.

probably the sarne way you told us

• A C

Pray for wisdom!

P.S. If you have never asked Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior, now would be a good time.

Another P.S. You should consider contacting an adoption agency. There are couples who will support you until the baby comes. If possible, do not disclose the name of the father to your parents or anyone else. Do not tell the father either. Just disappear for about 7 months. And stay away from married men in the future. As someone else said, the little boy is the one who's going to get hurt the most if you tell who the father is. Go to college. Get a job. Sounds like you have too much time on your hands.

Last P.S. If you're trolling, this is really not funny. Shame on you.

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • mokrie

Work out? I will NOT work out. If you tell them it will destroy their marriage and break the 6 year old's heart if they split up. And that is not making a mistake. You don't mistakenly pull down your underpants. That was a lack of morals and respect for another's marriage. Expect them to never speak to you again and your own family to lose all respect for you. You acted like trash. Now you have to live with the fallout.

How long has the affair been happening? Because though it's complicated and you may not feel like it, you could be a victim. This is something you likely wouldn't recognize until you were much older, though, with older children.

Good for you for not considering an easy way out (abortion) because it really isn't in the long run.

Look, you are 19 now, an adult. You can run off for a year, give birth and then give baby up for adoption and not tell a soul. You could stick around and have the baby and refuse to disclose the father or say you don't know. Either way I recommend discontinuing your relationship with the father, the moral compass of any cheating husband is so out of whack it's horrible, and if you think you'll ever end up with him you either won't or you will and be terribly miserable and he'll cheat again with others.

If you want to tell them, you can say: Mom, Dad, I have something to tell you, and you need to sit down. Then they will need some time to digest the info and go through options in their heads of how to help you if they want to and to work through their surprise/anger/confusion or whatever they are feeling. It's up to you to tell them who the father is. But just because you don't doesn't change the truth.

IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY! This happens to people, you won't be the first or last. Right now, take care of you and your baby in you, and your best bet is to surround yourself with the support you need. I send you a hug. It's going to be okay.

AC has really good advice above. I stand behind that, too. Not telling the father and doing adoption might be the best for all involved.