Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality Β· 6 months ago

Is the Catholic church the one true Christianity?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Since it was the only Christian Church for the first 1,000 years after Jesus Christ founded it, yes, it obviously is. Jesus founded just one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Either He lied, or didn't know what He was talking about, or that one Church still teaches the fullness of truth in unity today. Unity is essential because truth cannot conflict with truth, which means a manmade system of thousands of unauthorized manmade denominations, the teaching of each one conflicting with the teaching of the others, necessarily means widespread untruth. The Catholic Church alone remains one in belief, one in teaching, one in worship, one in biblical understanding throughout the world after 2,000 years, just as its founder intended. the clearly stated will of Jesus Christ concerning His followers was and still is "That they all may be ONE, even as I and My heavenly Father are ONE".

• k w
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

just another division to add to the confusion.....

• David
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Any religion that calls itself the only true Christianity is either lying or mistaken.

• 6 months ago

But: Does even a true religion exist at least? Or a sect? All these things are very insane in reality.

Look how the Christian priests rape the Christian children in their churches... Meaningful!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It's only Christianity at all by the most technical of definitions. They believe that Jesus was the son of God. That's about where it ends for them. They do not believe in salvation by faith, and they have added SO MUCH to scripture and called it law that it's barely recognizable by Biblical standards.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No. Not at all.

Most Christians who are not Catholic do not even believe Catholics are "Christians" because the Roman Catholic Church has drifted so far away from what the Bible says. The Bible is the authority, and we must base 100% our Christian beliefs on the Bible. This is God's word. But within the Catholic Church, they put traditions over and above the Bible, and then the Popes keep coming up with "new revelations" (which are false), and the whole thing keeps getting more twisted.

The Roman Catholic Church thinks you get "saved" by attending mass, and other works and rituals, etc., but this is not what the Bible teaches. The Bible also does not say you should be talking or praying to Mary or any other dead people. This is like idolatry, which is strictly forbidden. The Bible does not say we should be talking to dead people, and that's because dead people CANNOT HEAR US. The Bible does not teach transubstantiation. The Bible does not teach forced celibacy for church workers, such as priests and nuns. The Bible does not say Mary was a virgin her entire life, which explains why Jesus had brothers. The Bible does not say Mary herself was born of a virgin. The whole idea of Purgatory is something the Roman Catholic Church made up, and you will not find that in the Bible. It is fiction.

The Roman Catholic Church has so many things messed up that we would have to call it a false religion. And sadly, most Roman Catholics do not understand what it means to be a genuine born-again Christian. But they sure are "religious."

I am perplexed at how to reach Catholics. They have been so indoctrinated into their own belief system that they cannot see the truth.

But they fail to see how distorted everything becomes when religious tradition TRUMPS what the bible really says. And when the Pope comes out with new a revelation, that revelation also TRUMPS what the bible says.

I have known many Catholics, and most of them are really nice people. And I believe that some of them have a heart for God. But they have such a distorted understanding that I suspect they do not know what it means to be a true Christian.

======== (Added commentary)

We can expect a few "thumbs down" on this answer. Speculating that these are mostly from the Catholic crowd who do not appreciate my characterizations of them and their religion. They likely do not appreciate the implication that they are not "saved." But I am not saying that. Religion never "saved" anyone. Only Jesus can save. And some Catholics are saved. Some are saved in spite of their religion. But not all of them. Just like, not all Baptists are "saved" either.

But if you were to ask a Catholic, they do not believe ANY Baptists are saved. They believe no one is "saved" outside of the Catholic Church. Big difference.

-

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes it is, actually if you check history you will find that the Catholic Church was the only one that exist for the longest time in comparison with any other. This was the primitive church and around year 106-107 was called Catholic by Ignatius of Antioch in a letter to the Smyrnaeans. Ignatius was a disciple of John.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mayflower
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

make it short, study christianity + bible; it's the 400 years work of the Catholic Church including the bible.

• 6 months ago

the fact that there are arguments based on who is more true in following the teachings of christianity further justifies why people are skeptical of christianity in the first place

the fact that christians can't even agree upon the same things just makes me more skeptical of it

Source(s): personal experience of going to different churches in my past
    • ...Show all comments
    • daylily61
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Who said it was "just joining groups," leslie? As for free-thinking, there's no conflict between that and being a Christian.

• No. Its all fallacious. Primitive religions don't meet the modern scientific standard for objectivity.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sure it is, with all of the unbiblical beliefs they have

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.