Anonymous

Does being an annoying diva help get what you want in entertainment industry?

I was told by a movie producer:friend who told me that if I really want to make it far in modeling and acting thst I need to be aggressive and be an annoying diva. He says I need to keeping contact places with tons of emails to get what I want with telling them my specifics. I never heard this b4. Is this true thst I need to be a diva to get what I want in entertainment?

That's laughable. Whoever told you that is an idiot.

• I think you have to be more assertive and confident (but don't be too over confident), then aggressive and annoying. If you start acting like an annoying diva you will earn a reputation for being one, which no one really likes.

If you are annoying and aggressive at the start of your career, you will soon gain a reputation for being a right pain in the rear end and work will dry up. You need to be resilient and confident, but also being a nice person will get you further than being nasty.

I can't speak for the modelling industry, but if you want to get into acting, make sure that you have good training as that will begin your journey to making the right contacts. Just emailing agencies for acting will get you nowhere if you don't have the experience. There are thousands of fully trained and experienced actors in the line way ahead of you, so they are more likely to be employed before someone with no training. With modelling, make sure you find a legitimate agency - not one who will take money off you for "training". If you have the right look, you might get an agent. If you don't, you will have to accept that you may be attractive, but not what they are looking for.

• zeno

I'm old school and still think charm and looking

Nice like Audrey Hepburn did gets the most

Fans to your films. It's all about looking into

The camera and acting like your talking to

A very good friend or someone you care

About. That was the way she acted so well

And got hired to be in lots of movies that

Made her over 100 million dollars. She could

Have made more but she correctly chose

To get out of acting and spend more time

With her children while they grew up. Money

Can't give you that life experience back if

You mis it. Kids are only young and playful

And cute for a few years and need a good

Mom to guide then into adulthood. Good

Luck

A lot of those jobs are obtained through contacts. People who know you, believe in your work and like you will recommene you. That's how a lot of careers are built.