Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Are scientists better than other people?

Other, mediocre humans have brains that are geared towards base pleasures, such as food and sex, due to evolution. They are guided by primitive instincts and emotion rather than reason. All of there “thoughts” and feelings are simply chemicals. Surely scientists are better.

Have you forgotten that scientists are people?

• Dick

Please check out Richard Feynman. He was supposed to have been "smarter than Einstein". Always enjoyed accounts of his personal life! Being invited to a party at Feynman's house, was supposed to be the ultimate invitation at one time.

Sex ' due to evolution' ? LOL ... Sex is due to our instinct of reproduction and too, for have pleasure.

Simply ' Chemical ' ? How about PSYCHOLOGY, it doesn't count for you? We are only like robots then?

• Ko

Just recently, I told a little Chinese story that I heard. There was an archer who came to town, and he was an incredible marksman. He was showing off—shooting one arrow after another, right on target. A man standing in the back of the crowd, instead of cheering him, kept saying, “Ah, it’s just a matter of practice, just a matter of practice.”

The archer thought a lot of himself and did not like this comment. He was expecting praise. So he went over to the man and said, “What do you mean, ‘It’s just a matter of practice’? Can you do what I can do?”

The man said, “No, but let me show you something.” He used to sell oil, so he grabbed a bottle that had a very narrow tube at the opening and a large bowl at the bottom, took a big container of oil, and poured it through the little opening into the bottle, not spilling a drop. Then he looked at the archer and said, “Can you do that?”

The archer realized that, no, he hadn’t had any practice doing that. So the man said, “I can’t shoot arrows like you, but you can’t pour oil like me. It’s all a matter of practice.”

The point of the story is: What do you practice? Whatever you practice, you’ll get good at.

- Prem Rawat

Better at what?

• Doc

What are you a chuckle head ?

Everyone has a chance with education, it what you do with that education that makes the difference.

only in science/intelligence/skills area

I fully intend to remove all repeat spam trolls such as yourself, as the Verizon staff members do not care to do so.

Why did you answer your own question?

• Catherine

In French we spell it: Cosette...

• In what aspect?

Intelligence, usually.

I'd trust a scientist with a prognosis or treatment over a preacher that thinks he can heal. I trust that scientists are ensuring the earth's ecosystem doesn't fade to oblivion, and not the fear mongering of preachers with dystopian eschatologies.