Anonymous

Should I think of Journalism as a career?

Recently I've been struggling with what I want to since I just came out of school. I got stuck with teaching, IT and literally so many other things but the problem is I'm not exactly amazing at anything but just good or okay in it and I've always been the person that had to speak there mind or at least get into these zones where I can write these perfect things that mean so much to me and I've always just written it off as hormones and all but the things is I write the best things when I'm in these zones and I don't know why but I only enjoy or at least am good at it when I'm in that emotional or dazed state and all I want to do is put it into words and thought of journalism as a career. This is the only thing I can think about what makes me different since my emotions have always been a way for me to write and I've always been able to see things from every angle. Since my sympathy and empathy goes beyond normal levels. It's kinda stupid but yeah

Favorite Answer

If it's just a zone thing that gets you to write then if you have a job where you are not in those zone but writing for a living or as a job then you may not be successful. Being independent and writing a book will not earn you money until you write and publish something and it does well enough to earn some decent money.

u can not express yourself on yahoo answers properly - u mix there and their which is like the lowest form of illiteracy for me and u obviously have never heard about a comma. so what journalism? get in touch with reality

No. Jobs in journalism are largely disappearing because newspapers are going out of business due to online competition.