144Hz Concerns?

I recently bought the Razer Blade 15 base model which comes with a 60HZ panel. I want to connect it to a 144hz monitor via HDMI for gaming because it’s my understanding that 144hz makes a big difference in that regard. BUT.. I also want to take my Blade 15 to class, as I am going to college. My main concern is this: when I’m not gaming, and doing more productivity centered activities, (like YouTube, writing essays, etc.) will I notice the difference in 60HZ vs 144hz and grow to hate the panel my $1700 laptop comes with?

• VP

Other than gaming, you won't push that laptop very hard doing day-to-day things.

• mlavery7215 months agoReport

It’s less about how much it can handle and more about the concern of me hating my 60HZ panel and only enjoying my experience with the laptop whilst connected to the 144hz monitor. I hear people get frustrated with even the curser movement on a 60HZ monitor after using the 144hz for some time

Once you go 144hz you don't go back

Well considering the human eye can, with 20/20 vision, see up to 1,000 fps, a 60fps upgrade to 144fps will definitely look a lot smoother and less choppy. Although, most videos are rendered at 30 or 60 frames per second so the difference for video streaming would be none.