Issue with my central air.?

Yesterday, my central air was running then all of a sudden, I could feel the temperature rising. I went to the digital thermostat and lowered the temp a little more. It took all day, to go down a few degrees. I replaced the thermostat, put in a new air filter then went outside and cleaned out the unit. It seems... show more Yesterday, my central air was running then all of a sudden, I could feel the temperature rising. I went to the digital thermostat and lowered the temp a little more. It took all day, to go down a few degrees. I replaced the thermostat, put in a new air filter then went outside and cleaned out the unit. It seems like it can’t get the house cold. The thermostat is reading 65 during the day and 60 at night. The day before it started acting weird, I could turn the temp down and watch it drop within no time. Now, it’s taking a day to go down a little. What’s going on!? Side note, we just bought this house this week. The central air unit seems to be new. Everything looks clean. As a last ditch effort, I’ll call a HVAC company. Any tips?
5 answers 5