I'm writing a YA book, can I include these things?

There's a scene in the YA book I'm currently working on where the protagonist believes she's been drugged, and is hallucinating. She also mentions LSD by name. It's revealed that she isn't drugged though. There is another scene where a character gets drunk. This character is over the legal... show more There's a scene in the YA book I'm currently working on where the protagonist believes she's been drugged, and is hallucinating. She also mentions LSD by name. It's revealed that she isn't drugged though. There is another scene where a character gets drunk. This character is over the legal drinking age. The protagonist also swears a good bit when she gets angry, or experiences immense pain. By that I mean, she drops a few F-bombs over the course of the book. My book is a young adult fantasy with a romantic subplot directed towards older teenagers. Would these more mature scenes prevent me from getting traditionally published? I know that some YA books have sex scenes, (A Court Of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas, The Wicked King by Holly Black) but those books are by already established writers and this novel would be my debut.
10 answers 10