False rape accusations?

Me and my boyfriend recently unfriended one of his friends that he's known for about 5 years. So, of course, she got mad, and now is trying to tell everyone that I've told her that he raped me, which is untrue in every way. I'm 19, and her and my boyfriend are 20, and I'm scared that the wrong person will hear her say that about him. Is there any law in Georgia about somebody FALSELY accusing somebody of such a crime? I'm not going to take legal action ( unless the situation gets worse and I need to ), I just want something to tell her so she'd stop saying that so nobody gets in trouble for nothing.

Thank you.

5 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    The "law" in Georgia as is it is in every other state which is that without a witness and/or DNA to link a perpetrator to the crime rape is nearly impossible to prove. Rumors don't send people to prison, evidence does. If there's no evidence then this is just a drama queen acting out and spreading lies.

  • 5 months ago

    What Ayydubs says is true IF she makes these accusations to the police. If not, than the best you can do is charge her with slander. if you can prove in a civil court that she has damaged your boyfriend's reputation to the point where it has cost him money (in terms of clients or jobs), he may win a settlement. But the police can't do anything unless she charges him with it to the legal system.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    No law, but it's a tort that you can sue over.

  • 5 months ago

    sue her for slander

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    Falsely accusing anyone of a crime is illegal EVERYWHERE and you NEED to take LEGAL ACTION RIGHT NOW. If somebody tells the police before you do, you will be in BIG trouble!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.