Arent they total hypocrites?

I live in India.

Here the norm is that parents take care of their children till the age of 25 till they finish their masters.

My parents keep telling me that in the US people leave their parents after 18 and go work somewhere and fund my own education. They say they like that that system more because they would get rid of me sooner but they can't because this is India.

My parents have beaten up me a lot since childhood and brutally totally scarring me for life.

If this was the US it would be illegal there and they would have been arrested many times over by now.

But when i remind them of this they say that they like the Indian culture more because the rule in the US which stops parents from hitting their kids is against the law which is a stupid law in their opinion and that's when they keep saying that the Indian culture is better.

And also misinformed because this trope of an 18 year-old moving out and working his/her way through college hasn't existed in the US since about the 1970's. Very few 18 year-olds can earn enough to support themselves in the US and a university degree here cost as much as a house in some places. So, no, by in large US teens aren't living independently nor are they footing the entire cost of an education by working at Starbucks.

• `

Great story, Scrappy.

They are not hypocrites. YOU are an entitled prick and a LIAR. If your parents were HALF as abusive as you claim, you wouldn't have access to any device capable of posting this question.