In your opinion what punishment does a 20 year old man deserve for kissing a willing 15 year old girl?

Statutory rape.

At 15, society has decided that young people are not yet mature enough to be making such decisions. As a 20 year old man who IS old enough, he's taking advantage of her youth and inexperience in the opinion of society.

Now, maybe you disagree with the chosen cutoff age, but there has to be SOME arbitrary cutoff somewhere. You'd agree that a 20 year old man and a 1 year old girl is wrong, right? Maybe you think 15 is old enough. I'd say you're wrong, but you're welcome to your opinion and can try to change the mind of your fellow voters. But we're just debating WHERE to draw the line. I hope we both agree there DOES have to be a line somewhere.

• STEPHEN

Kissing is not rape, statutory or otherwise.

• xyzzy

None there are no laws in the US that address kissing.

I think YOU should be banned from Yahoo Answers for your OBSESSION with the idea of 20 year old men and 15 year old girls.

Nothing, except possible a query why.

a) It would depend on what sort of "kiss" -- friendship, brotherly, boyfriend/girlfriend or what.

b) At age 20, a boy should be more interested on a girl closer to his own age, possibly 17-18 or older.

• keerok

Jail time. .

what I really care more about is why a 20 year old guy even wants to date a girl that age??

assuming there is no punishment for it. I still don't understand the appeal

when you are 20 years old I would think that you would focus more on actually bettering yourself as a human when it comes to future goals, job opportunities, hobbies etc. wasting time with girls that age just shows you probably don't have anything better to do with yourself

im not obsessed with punishing or being authoritarian towards people, I'm more obsessed with understanding the psychological mindset of humans and why they do certain things