Eric asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

Is it considered rude when you have guests come over to your house, and they park in your driveway rather than out on the street?

Would this annoy you?

One would think if you were gracious hosts that YOU would park in the street thereby leaving the driveway open for your guests.

• GEEGEE

No, the driveway is where I'd expect them to park.

• John P

My street gets crowded with parked cars at times, so I would expect guests to park on my drive.

Not rude- you're the host so it's on you to ensure that they can park without disturbing the neighbors.

• edward

Not me but it may annoy other people who want to leave before them when the breezeway is completely packed with cars

it sounds annoying but rnaybe there was no roorn on the street or they thought it was okay to do that

But they've come to visit you. Your drive is part of your property. There is no polite way to tell a guest at your house that they can't park there.

• Cara

If I had a driveway I'd EXPECT my visitors to park on it.

• keerok

From where I am, you're not allowed to park on the street so not annoying.

Considered rude by WHOM? Do you think there's some kind of National Rudeness Council that rules on these things? If you consider it rude, ask them to not park in your driveway.

No, not at all. If anything, I'd park on the street because they're my guest.