Eric asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

Is it considered rude when you have guests come over to your house, and they park in your driveway rather than out on the street?

Would this annoy you?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

One would think if you were gracious hosts that YOU would park in the street thereby leaving the driveway open for your guests.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, the driveway is where I'd expect them to park.

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

My street gets crowded with parked cars at times, so I would expect guests to park on my drive.

• 5 months ago

Not rude- you're the host so it's on you to ensure that they can park without disturbing the neighbors.

• edward
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not me but it may annoy other people who want to leave before them when the breezeway is completely packed with cars

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

it sounds annoying but rnaybe there was no roorn on the street or they thought it was okay to do that

• 5 months ago

But they've come to visit you. Your drive is part of your property. There is no polite way to tell a guest at your house that they can't park there.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If I had a driveway I'd EXPECT my visitors to park on it.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

From where I am, you're not allowed to park on the street so not annoying.

• 5 months ago

Considered rude by WHOM? Do you think there's some kind of National Rudeness Council that rules on these things? If you consider it rude, ask them to not park in your driveway.

• 5 months ago

No, not at all. If anything, I'd park on the street because they're my guest.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.