Mike asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 months ago

Anyone surprised at how often women get violent?

I see women get violent less often than men, but they still get violent fairly often and people don t seem to see it.

For example, at least 1 in 7 men experience abuse from their female partner. Isn t this shocking?

• Elana

Women are as or more likely to initiate domestic violence. The violence in women's prisons is staggering. Female violence on the playground can be astounding, though it tends to recede when boys start to outrun and outweigh girls (who then turn to other means of aggression). No, I am not surprised.

Society depends on men to keep female violence in check. It also depends on men to keep men's violence in check.

Both men and women are aggressive. Women can be violent but frequently find more effective means of being aggressive depending on who they are attacking.

My mother used to sit on me and punch me in the stomach all the time when I was a kid. (I'm female) then I had the most sweet and lovely husband ever until he died and my dad was very passive. My mother used to talk a lot about how testosterone had made the world a dangerous place. She was a feminist. HOWEVER I believe in moderate non man hating feminism because there are problems women still have look at all the insane hating on Hillary Clinton for an example.

The Anon chick above who just threw a bitsch fit is right. You'll never get laid at the rate you are going because you are sidetracked like a m1therf1cker.

Source(s): .56
  • Kevin

No , not in the least

Better be single for life

Violence from anyone is always shocking. Women can and do get violent with their domestic partners. The big difference obviously is that it's a lot easier for a man to kill a woman accidentally with his bare hands than the converse. So unless she's coming at you with a knife or a gun you're probably going to survive.

• hi

Also, I think a woman who is holding a knife or a gun is way more dangerous than a man who uses his bare hands when abusing his wife.

Yes. 1 in 7 is a big number when you’re thinking about a big population. It also kinda misleads people when people think that generally women experience abuse, but for the opposite, it’s surprising.

The numbers are actually going up. The number for violent women especially white women are rising from the department of justice. Now it could be cause they starting to arrest more or it could be cause they don't believe their stories. Or it could be cause they are just more violent women today. I won't argue what it is, but its going up as far as prison stats are concerned.

• Bill

Society is teaching women to be more violent, so in return women are becoming more violent.

😁 Errrrr.... I did mention on another question that we're living in a new era.

What you're seeing now, I've always known as normal. But... maybe not as BRUTAL... still normal.

Yes, we women are extremely violent, headcases. 😁 The ones high in spirit, of course. The ones low in spirit, keep their emotions bottled. And you never see the crazy in them. But it's there.

You misogynistic phucks really get on my nerves. MEN STAY AWAY FROM ABUSIVE WOMEN, WOMEN STAY AWAY FROM ABUSIVE MEN! That's all you have to do rather than apply anything to whole sex. You complaining about the opposite sex makes you every much the whiney b-it-c---h you accuse them of being.

No but I am tired of whiney azz men like you complaining about the opposite sex just as I would be with a woman that constantly complain about men. Have to damn the whole sex because you cannot get or keep one. Using that as an excuse because you pick the wrong ones who either does not want you or wants to punish you because they really did not want you in the first place. You sound like a mysogynist and a petty one at that so why should I give a damn abou tyou thinking I sound like a misandrist? This constant tick for tack sh!t.