Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 5 months ago

Would death from diabeties be painless?

When my blood sugar is high I feel light headed, sluggish, exhausted to the point of passing out. In fact there have been times when I have found myself lying on the floor.

If death were to ocure due to this. Would there be pain?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It would be very painful .

• Shay
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sugar levels that are extremely high or extremely low can both cause diabetic coma. If death from high or low sugar causes diabetic coma and it is not caught and treated, then death is basically painless because you "fall asleep" and never wake up again.

Now, if your sugar levels are just high on a regular basis but never high enough to actually end up causing a diabetic coma death, then you are killing yourself slowly by not taking care of your condition. That kind of a death can involve years of medical issues and a variety of complications. How "painful" it would be is hard to say. It would depend on exactly which complications you get and which one actually kills you.

Death from diabetes is not always "quick".

• 5 months ago

That is LOW blood sugar, NOT high blood sugar. Yes, death by low blood sugar MIGHT be painless, BUT it might be terrifying as well. People HAVE DIED IN JAIL from LOW blood sugar, not because they were drunk. Most police officers cannot tell the difference. Dying from high blood sugar and diabetic ketoacidosis is not pleasant, and it may not be pleasant or quick.

Source(s): Type 1 diabetic for 64 years and counting.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i would hope not but i would try to keep it under control so that dont happen

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

death for insulin shock problems is painless

ypu just go to sleep and never wake up

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.