I can’t get myself to work or get a job anymore?

I have a mild case of autism. I hold a Masters Degree and have friends and overall I’m a pretty smart person. When it comes to work, I can’t hold a job to save my life. I have had so many jobs over the years I can’t even count. I’m constantly being fired from my jobs. I’m either being told I’m not grasping things... show more I have a mild case of autism. I hold a Masters Degree and have friends and overall I’m a pretty smart person. When it comes to work, I can’t hold a job to save my life. I have had so many jobs over the years I can’t even count. I’m constantly being fired from my jobs. I’m either being told I’m not grasping things quick enough, or I don’t fit in with the company culture. 2 bosses have flat out asked me if I was autistic. I have had a few bosses tell me they’ve never had to deal with a personality like mine. I’m so discouraged my confide is completely shattered. I’m actually afraid to work. I’ve been offered numerous full time positions in my field but I turn them all down because I’m scared my boss will think I’m odd, socially awkward, or not smart enough and I’ll just be fired again and again and again. My parents are currently supporting me. I tell them I need help but they are insistent there’s nothing wrong with me and I just need to find the a job. I don’t want to work anymore. I don’t want to be hurt anymore. I don’t want to do this anymore. Any advice for me?
5 answers 5