Why are people still racist?

One of my peers had a thesis defense today and because everyone was welcomed to attend, I went to see how it was like. When I walked into the room, there was the student, supervisor, and two other people huddled together talking something. I said hi to each of them, but they didn't say anything. I then said... show more One of my peers had a thesis defense today and because everyone was welcomed to attend, I went to see how it was like. When I walked into the room, there was the student, supervisor, and two other people huddled together talking something. I said hi to each of them, but they didn't say anything. I then said I'll come back later when it is actually starting time. Two extra people then showed up and so I walked in with them. The supervisor immediately said hi to them and ignored me when I piped in a cheerful tone that I'm here to listen too. I hope it wasn't because I'm a student of color. The only question the supervisor asked me a few minutes later was if so and so would be sitting where. How would I know?
4 answers 4