Anonymous

If the large majority of people at my company are white, does that mean my company secretly discriminates against people?

I just looked at the organizational hierarchy of people at my company. The CEO is white. Very white. The 10 managers below him are also all white. Then those ten managers have a few people below them of different races: Indian, Asian, African American. Then I was bored so I counted and the company has about 500 people. I found 7 black people, about 20 Indian people, and about 20 Asian people. Everyone else is white. So about 90 percent of the company is white. I'm white by the way. I feel like it almost makes my uncomfortable. Why isn't there more diversity?

• DEBS

How does that compare to the population of the area the company pulls their employees from? How many minorities in your area have the education and experience for the upper management positions? My guess is that the pool of qualified minorities is low. This is a society problem and not necessarily an indication that your the company discriminates.

No white ever said anything like what you just said. You are trolling. Feel free to quit and get a job where 90% are black. Its likely to pay less.

• Judy

not necessarily - there can be lots of reasons

not necessarily, it was just a coincidence

I used to write the EEO reports for a large corporation. What happens is that you advertise for a high-level highly educated position and the only people who apply and are qualified are white. So what do you do? BTW that is a valid answer for Affirmative Action and EEO if you keep accurate records.